The Department of Community and Cultural Affairs welcomes applications for our unique Folklife Apprenticeship Programme. The principle objective of the programme is to foster the growth of a younger generation of tradition-bearers in Bermuda. The programme pairs a tradition-bearer with interested apprentices.
This year’s apprenticeship is on the art of Float Building and Design, and will run from beginning of March until May 24th.
Interested Bermudians between the ages of 18 and 40 are invited to submit a letter of motivation including:
• Indication of why this apprenticeship interests you
• Availability (days and time of day)
• Reasons for interest in the programme
• Any relevant experience
• Name and contact information of two character references who are not related to you
• Contact information including email address, telephone number, and mailing address.
The successful apprentice should exhibit openness and respect for non-traditional learning environments;
and a passion for Bermuda’s traditions and heritage.
For more information or to submit your letter of motivation,
please contact Folklife Officer Dr. Kim Dismont Robinson at email@example.com;
on 292-1681; or at the Department of Community and Cultural Affairs,
#58 Court Street, 4th Floor, Hamilton HM 12.
Letters must be submitted no later than Wednesday, 22 February.