The Department of Community and Cultural Affairs invites submissions for the Bermuda Anthology of Speculative Fiction. Have you written a ghost story, a tall tale, a story with a hint of magic, or maybe a glimpse of possible futures? We are seeking previously unpublished works of fantasy, science fiction, horror and related genres. Each writer's work will be credited with a byline and a short bio, and each author will receive one free copy of the Anthology.
(For a definition of speculative fiction, see http://www.greententacles.com/articles/5/26/)
Rules and Regulations:
• Author must be Bermudian or a Bermuda resident.
• Please submit only original, previously unpublished work.
• Writers may submit more than one piece, but each one must meet the submission guidelines.
• If selected, you must be available to participate in any requested revisions and editing of your story for publication in the Anthology.
• All submissions will be reviewed by an independent agent for literary merit; all decisions by the agent regarding inclusion in the anthology are final.
• All submissions are due by Thursday, 12 November 2015.
Guidelines for Submission:
The work must be typed, single-sided, double spaced, and be no more than 4,000 words. Please indicate the title of your story on the first page, the author's name, and contact information including email address. Submissions should also include a signed copy of a release form authorising publication
Release forms can be collected from our office at #58 Court Street, 4th Floor or downloaded from our website at www.communityandculture.bm , or solicited via email from email@example.com
Please email submissions to:
Folklife and Cultural Heritage Officer Dr. Kim Dismont Robinson
on firstname.lastname@example.org or deliver submissions to: Bermuda Anthology,
do Dr. Kim Dismont Robinson, Department of Community and
Cultural Affairs, Dame Lois Browne-Evans Building, 58 Court Street,
4th Floor, Hamilton HM 12
Please call 292-1681 with any questions.